Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 14] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Legend of Zelda: Death Raven
Prologue
By: Dark Star





Hyrule Field-1150 A.D.


"What will his name be?" asked a man. He and his wife just had a baby boy, and they tried out names for the baby, but they never agreed on one.
"What about something simple," replied a woman."What about Link?" then there was a knock on the door.
the man opened the door. A hylian knight spoke to the man.
"Sir, the king awaits your report. Some strange beings and knights are seen all around Hyrule Field. I suspect they are to take action. If they do, we do. We have have to be ready."said the knight.
"Melania, I have to go." the man told the woman. He sighed.
"No, Mark, you can`t go." Melania sobbed.
"I just have to. Take care of Link for me." He waved goodbye, then walked out the door. BOOM!
"AAH!!"
"The gate, the gate!" Melania heard loud noises and yells outside. She looked out the window. The gate was down, and people were dying, screaming in pain. People, civilians, were hit by numerous arrows. Knights rushed into the scene. readying their bows. Arrows were flying everywhere, hitting at least someone. Enemy knights ran in the village killing any civilians or knights. And Mark! Melania ran out the door, carrying Link, looking for her husband. She saw him, lying on the ground, dying.
"Mark!" cried Melania.
"Listen to me, even if I die, escape to the forests, with Link." breathed Mark. He had an arrow on his arm and many wounds on his chest.
"No, I can`t just leave you here." answered Melania.
"Just, go." Mark said with last breath. He slowly closed his eyes, and died.


Melania managed to escape from Hyrule Castle, but she was very weak. She had to take care of Link and nurse her wounds at the same time. Every night Melania prayed to the three goddesses if she and Link could have a home, someplace to live in. Melania walked down a path, even though she doesn`t know where it leads. At the end, she found herself in a dark forest. Melania sat down under a tree, eating some berries she found.
"Link, someday you will be a great hero, like your father was." she sobbed."I don`t know if I can live, but I hope you can." Melania fed all her berries to Link, keeping him healthy. Melania fell asleep.

Meanwhile, deep in the dark forest, children ate and sang happily as they celebrated. They celebrated a tree`s, not just a tree, but a great deku tree`s 1,000th birthday. After the celebration, tired and cheerful children went to sleep.

A fairy woke up one child. This child was the so called "leader" of the kokiri. His name is Mido.
"Mido! Mido! Wake up!" squeaked the fairy.
"What?" Mido said, sitting up.
"The great deku tree is calling you!" squealed the fairy.
"Alright, I`m coming," replied Mido dryly. He got out and climbed down the ladder and went to see the great deku tree.
"Why are you calling me?" Mido asked the great deku tree.
"Mido, I need you to bring a woman, who is lost in the forest, here. She also has a boy, I sense destiny in him." said the great deku tree.
"Okay," replied Mido.

When Melania woke up, the forest was no longer dark. She sat looked around. There were treehouses, streams, it was much nicer here, and there were lots of children. A girl walked up to Melania.
"Hello. My name`s Saria, it`s nice to meet you." greeted the girl. Melania greeted back and tried to feed Link but she dropped the food. Her arms were to weak.
"I`ll do that for you." said Saria, she got some food and fed it to Link.
"That was very nice of you, dear." thanked Melania. That night, Melania was lying in bed, with Link sleeping in a crib beside her.
"Link, we have found a home, for you to live in.But... I cannot live here, I am dying." Melania said to Link, sadly.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.