Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 73] Printer
- Text Size +
Manually syncing to swiss replica watches a GPS signal is accomplished with a simple push of a button. Because GPS satellites carry atomic clocks, their time signals are incredibly accurate. (Seiko cites the figure of one second in 100,000 years.) Regular syncs keep the Astron right on time. While the Astron's sync functions allow it to keep time with great accuracy, the movement itself, without syncing, offers typical +/-15 seconds per month quartz performance. If you go an extended time without a sync, some error may creep into the display. Changing time zones can only be accomplished manually, and it is a bit more complex. The process is initiated by replica rolex pushing and holding a button for six seconds. Once the button is released, the Astron begins to search the sky for GPS signals. In this mode, the seconds hand becomes an indicator that provides signal search status updates. The hand tallies each newly acquired signal by pointing to the corresponding hour marker, so for example after acquiring one, then two, then three satellite signals, the seconds hand points to 1, then 2, then 3 on the dial. When the search is complete, the seconds hand points to a small "Y" on the seconds track to indicate that the minimum four signals were acquired, or to "N" to indicate that the search was not successful. The small indicator between 10 and 11 o'clock also points to "4+" if the search was successful. If at least four signals were received, the hour and minute hands slowly march to their new positions to indicate the new local time.If you prefer to set your watch to replica watches your destination time when you board the plane, Seiko Astron watches can also be reset to a new time zone manually and placed in airplane mode to turn the GPS receiver off. Adjusting for daylight saving time is another manual operation. The Astron knows its location, but it does not know the laws governing DST in all locations. A press of a button turns DST on and the DST setting is displayed on the indicator at 9 o'clock.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.