Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 76] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Chapter 1
________________________________________________________________________

What would happen if Navi didn’t meet up with Link, as the game designers had intended?
Wonder no more! You’ll see how one little incident messes up the whole storyline!

________________________________________________________________________

“In the vast deep forest of Hyrule, long have I served as the guardian spirit.” a voice came out of nowhere.

The screen showed a scene in a forest. A large tree with a prominent nose and mustache, and a glowing blue creature could be seen. It hovered before the tree.

“I am known as the Deku Tree. The children of the forest, the Kokiri, live here with me. Each Kokiri has his or her own guardian fairy. However, there is one boy who does not have a fairy.”

The camera focused on a small boy—dressed in green, crying in his sleep. His dream was shown, and then to the tree again—called the Deku Tree—and the glowing creature—assumed to be one of the fairies.

“Navi. Navi. Where art thou? Come hither,” the Deku Tree called out, “Oh Navi the fairy, listen to my words, the words of the Deku Tree. Dost thou sense it? The climate of evil descending upon the realm? Malevolent forces, even now, are mustering to attack our land of Hyrule. For so long the Kokiri forest, the source of life, has stood as a barrier, deterring outsiders and maintaining the order of the world. But before this tremendous evil power, even my power is as nothing. It seems the time has come for the boy without a fairy to begin his journey. The youth whose destiny is to lead Hyrule to the path of justice and truth. Navi, go now, find our young friend and guide him to me.  I do not have much time left. Fly Navi, fly! The fate of the forest, nay, the world depends on thee.”

 

With that, Navi flew off; first under a young Kokiri—Mido’s legs—whizzing through a village, floating beyond a Kokiri perched upon the local shop’s roof, past a Kokiri girl who stood idly, and flew close to an exit out of the village while peering at the Kokiri boy who stood there. All of the Kokiri, had a fairy, floating above their heads. Navi looked around desperately, and spotted, behind a large fence, a house. This house, by chance, was the house of our inconspicuous hero: Link. Navi didn’t know this but it was another place to look for this fairyless boy. Navi flew full speed towards this residence, and in a slight miscalculation of her aim, she hit this fence, and subsequently fell unconscious. For four hours.

As a result our hero never stopped crying in his sleep and was never woken up to be told that the Great Deku Tree had summoned him. The Deku Tree, who was secretly suffering from a lethal Queen Gohma, died before anyone could save him. Mido, leader of the Kokiris, just happened to be closer to the Deku Tree than any of the other villagers when this occurred, and was blamed for the Deku Tree’s death. Mido soon after, committed suicide. When Navi woke up she retrieved Link—now wide-awake—and together, they headed to Hyrule castle.

And that’s how everything started to become totally messed.



Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.